Resume of Jeromy L. Irvine
I am a software developer looking for a position where I can use my skills to create useful and usable applications for the user, with stable and well-designed solutions. I have extensive background in object- oriented languages and practices, with an excellent track record of solving complex design and interaction problems in a wide range of problem domains. I have led development on many projects, from initial design, to launch, and into ongoing support and maintenance.
Technical Skills Overview
Apr. 2018 – Present Craneware Senior Software Engineer Wexford, PA
- I am currently working as a Senior Software Engineer on the Craneware Healthcare Intelligence team building the Trisus Healthcare Intelligence app, part of Craneware's Trisus platform.
Jun. 2012 – Mar. 2018 Dynamics Inc. Principal Software Engineer / Team Lead Cheswick, PA
- Led the web team in development of a digital trading cards platform where customers can buy, compare, and trade their collectibles with each other. Broke requirements down into tasks, building sprints, and performing code reviews to ensure quality. Defined development standards and mentored the team on development practices, and professional growth.
- Led design and development of a coupon management and fulfilment system, integrating with multiple existing POS systems. Responsible for the coupon definition and administration web site, web services, validation and redemption engine, back-end processing, and third-party integration services. Coordinated internal development efforts and met regularly with the external customer to refine requirements and features.
- Created reusable libraries for data access, logging, IoC, configuration, and networking, reducing duplication of effort between projects for commonly used features.
- Maintained and improved back-end processing systems for a real-time credit card rewards system. Refactored architecture of services to reduce complexity, improve flexibility and robustness, and greatly reduce development time and costs for new features.
- Established weekly lunch and learn sessions for the software group. Prepared and taught a series of sessions on OOP design, principles, and practices; TDD; and other topics.
Jan. 2011 – Jun. 2012 First Niagara Financial Group Lead Developer – FNFG.com Team Pittsburgh, PA
- As a senior developer, brought the site development in-house and helped to establish the processes and practices needed to manage the site.
- As lead developer for ongoing development and maintenance of the site, set the technical direction for coding work, and introduced tools and best practices to the team.
- As lead developer for the redesign and re-launch of the site, established the solution structure for front- and back-end code; created the framework and many of the back-end components.
- Analyzed site redesign business requirements and assisted the team lead in turning them into technical tasks and schedules for the development team.
- Created a core .NET library of extension methods and primitive types for use by the entire Solutions Delivery development group.
- Worked with other senior developers and architects to create .NET development standards and practices for the bank.
Sep. 2005 – Jul. 2010 University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Systems Analyst – Intermediate Churchill, PA
- Designed and implemented a business object layer for the Identity Management (IMS) website, decreasing overall development and maintenance time for the site.
- Designed and implemented web pages for project management, security badge request, and other areas of the IMS website.
- Improved stability and reusability of IMS work queue system, resulting in an 80% reduction in routine monthly development time. Redesigned key workflow backend, eliminating a series of recurring failures in the work queue system.
- Led conversion of IMS website from ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0. Implemented automated build and deployment for ASP.NET web projects.
- Defined best practices and coding standards for C# and ASP.NET web development. Established code review process, improving the reliability of the web site and reducing overall error rates.
- Led research into integrating Ajax, jQuery, and related technologies into the IMS site.
- Represented the IMS team in the UPMC Design Patterns Work Group.
Sep. 2004 – Present Accuvera Software Engineer / Web Developer Pittsburgh, PA
- ASP.NET, C#, CSS, HTML, and PHP development and ongoing support for a variety of sites, including NaBreweries.com, KeystoneCorps.com, DundeeDraft.com, and others.
- Designed and implemented product configurator development tool using C# and Windows Forms, allowing the user to model product properties and rules in a standard XML format.
Jan. 2002 – Sep. 2004 Ilumifi, Inc. Software Engineer Irwin, PA
- Led research into use of ASP.NET and C# for product configurators.
- Designed server components to manage the packaging, deployment, and day-to-day use of web-based product configurators, drastically reducing the amount and time and training needed to implement and maintain a configuration system.
- Created Internet and intranet systems for product configuration, sales automation, and quotation management. Developed technologies to allow these systems to run as disconnected clients with server synchronization to over the Internet.
Mar. 2001 – Dec. 2001 Mellon Financial Corporation Associate Programmer/Analyst Pittsburgh, PA
- Developed content management tools for financial markets news website using JSP and XML.
- Designed and implemented strategies for converting legacy documents and information resources to web-accessible formats using XML.
- Created browser-based project tracking and time reporting tools for workgroup intranet.
Aug. 1998 – Feb. 2001 Alventive, Inc. Software Engineer Irwin, PA
- Developed web-based collaborative product definition data gathering and documentation solutions for Design-to-Order (DTO) B2B solutions using ASP and XML.
- Developed browser-based visual authoring tool to publish product configurators for use in the DTO system.
- Developed and maintained web-based sales force automation configurators, e-commerce shopping cart system, and corresponding system administration tools using ASP and Java.